Though this site is predominantly dedicated to reviews of literature I have recently read and other matters related to the book I am writing, from time to time I digress and reflect on other subjects. Thus I decided to briefly sum up my summary of last night’s election results.
Significant 2014 election results:
• Republicans win control of US Senate
• Mitch McConnell the heir-apparent Senate Majority leader
• Republicans widen their majority in the House of Representatives
• Re-election of Governors Scott Walker, Rick Scott, Sam Brownback, John Kasich, Nathan Deal, and Rick Snyder
• Defeat of Mark Udall, Mark Pryor, Michelle Nunn, Bruce Braley, and Kay Hagan for US Senate
From my perspective, in a word: depressing.
On the other hand:
• Re-election of Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsom, Nancy Pelosi & Barbara Lee, all by huge margins
Bottom line: Makes me damn glad I live in California, especially the Bay Area!
Guess it is not too difficult to figure out the way my political winds blow.